Friday, March 8, 2013

Home

Five Minute Friday
HOME

START

Home, that word conjures so many pictures in my head, I get dizzy. Being a military family it gets hard to identify home anymore. Whenever we visit the place that I grew up, it just doesnt feel like home anymore. Everything has changed, people have changed, and that feeling of comfort you expect is just not there anymore.

For me Home has become my family. Wherever my husband and daughter are, that is home. Wherever my friends who became family are, that is home. Its comforting to know that I take home with me everywhere that I go, and if I ever feel alone, there is a friend out there somewhere who will remind me of home. It really is an amazing feeling to have people as your home, instead of just a place. What a blessed life!

STOP

Click the link above to participate in 5 Minute Friday

3 comments:

  1. were military too, so i can relate to this... i'm linked up right next to you at FMF :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good way to look at it. We're not military, but I live near a number of bases and know a lot of military families and I know that finding home amidst all the moves can be hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once upon a time, I was an Army wife too. Now, I'm an Army mom. "Home" takes on a much different meaning when you or someone you love serves our country.

    I'm visiting from FMF.

    ReplyDelete